Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sally

Sally is my Shetland Sheepdog, and this week she turns 15. Unbelievable. I am so happy that she's still keeping me company in my office every single day. She's mostly deaf now, and is a bit slower to stand up most of the time, but otherwise she's in good health and manages to find me really interesting on a daily basis.

This clip is compiled from VHS footage of the day I brought Sally home in 1993.

Michele jokes (or maybe she's not) that someday when Sally is gone, they're going to have to bury me right along with her.

I really love my dog.



... and this is Sally at midnight, just as she turned 15.

6 comments:

Jensey! said...

Happy birthday to Sally!! She looked JUST like my Chance as a puppy. :) Thank God for Shelties.

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

Happy Birthday! Still going strong at 115, that's amazing!

Unknown said...

You know I adore Sally and realize how much she means to you...
Plus, she has the added bonus of having the best "Puppy Manolos" I have ever seen!
Happy Brithday Sally! You are one great dame-

Sandra said...

She is such a sweet little dog - I love the puppy video! Happy Birthday! I hope my boys make it to 15 - Chris already knows I will need some serious alone time to mourn when they are gone.

Sarah Pickar Sleeth said...

As a fellow dog lover, happy birthday Sally! I hope it was a wild one! Can't imagine when Stoli gets to be 15!

Anonymous said...

I love Sally too!

Stuff? Nonsense?

I wasn't originally certain that I would maintain a blog. The majority of information about my wedding video services could be found on my website, so what could I possibly write on a blog? Ultimately I decided that I would simply write and post about what interests me. Music will certainly play a big part in that. Otherwise, I hope you'll forgive me if this ends up being thematically all over the map! Oh, and FYI, "Stuff and Nonsense" is the name of a song by an excellent band called Split Enz.